Call for Abstracts
We are delighted to open a Call for Abstracts for the 2018 Bethune Round Table!
The 2018 theme is The Role of the Trainee in Global Surgery. Trainees have unique perspectives and enormous untapped potential in advancing progress towards equitable surgical and anaesthetic care worldwide.
We are seeking submissions of scientific work in global surgery, particularly encouraging work that sheds light on this year’s theme.
Scholarships for Selected Abstracts
If your abstract is selected, scholarships to fund the travel costs to the meeting are available for selected clinicians practicing in low-and-middle-income countries.
How to Submit Abstracts
Please direct questions about abstracts and abstract presentations to email@example.com.
January 5, 2018: Early deadline for submission. Please submit by this deadline if assistance with visa procurement or travel funding will be required.
February 28, 2018: Final deadline for late abstracts.
With your submission, provide:
- Abstract title (maximum 50 words)
- Presenter(s), degrees/designations, organization(s)
- Abstract (maximum 250 words)
You will be asked to choose two categorizations of your abstract:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Basic Science
- Epidemiology/Public Health/Health Services
- Clinical studies
- Health Policy/Advocacy
All proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to the 2018 theme
- Relevance to Global Surgery
- Scientific rigor (design, evidence, impact)
- Ethical considerations (submissions on work undertaken in a low- or middle-income country must include local authorship)